Darn Guys, You're absolutely right!
And I did look under Letter size!! I guess I was so frustrated by then I couldn't see :(
A BIG Thanks to both of you

Twayne wrote:
Meenie1 wrote:
All I want to do is print some return address labels and they aren't
there.
this is the simple Avery 8167 (5267) return address labels. Why aren't
the basics in the write thing? :(
The more I use Open Office the more I dream of MS Office. It doesn't
seem to be worth the extra effort to do ANY little thing. !!

It's there:
--File: New; Labels; choose Labels tab if not already selected,
--Under Brand, select Avery Letter Size if you have letter size lable sheets or A4 if you have A4 size label sheets.
--Under Type, choose 8167 (Inkjet Return Address).

Continue as needs dictate from there.

If you like MSOffice better, then use MSOffice. But Writer handles it just fine if you take the time to read the dialogs and what's in them. The major problem with computers is, they do what we TELL them to do, not what we MEANT to do! In the future, also try Help: it's described rather well there too. Step by step even. Every once in awhile, people should actually try to help themselves instead of expecting hand holding for every little thing. Personally, I try to eek out from the dialogs what I want and if if I can't, I go to Help, then Google, often then to the OOo FAQs and/or online help files, and then if I still can't find it, I'll ask on this group. But I don't come here first: I assume people here have better things to do than listen to my groaning about how much better MSO is and hold my hand to tell me where the "anykey" is located. Sometimes it's just a matter of unlearning old habits and realizing OOo is NOT Word. What it is, is a very "low priced", excellent version of a suite of files similar to but not the same as, microsoft office. It even does quite a few things MS office can't do; if I just take the time to figure it out, like I did with Word, way back when, and WordStar before that, and VI before that, and Edlin before that. And then there were the VAX machines, and Tymnet, and ...

Cheers,

Twayne