On 03/16/2009 03:26 PM, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> Suppose I am in a table in Writer and I want to use tabs. No go. Tab
> takes me to the next cell. The only formatting options I can use are
> justification.
>
> I must be the world's worst searcher of Help files because every search
> I have tried has failed to come up with anything even close to
> "formatting in cells."
>
> Any suggestions?

Ctrl-Tab.

F1|table controls;keyboard-only edit mode
<quote>
Keyboard-only control of Table Controls
If you use the keyboard only to travel through controls in your
document, you will find one difference to the other types of controls:
the Tab key does not move the cursor to the next control, but moves to
the next column inside the table control. Press Ctrl+Tab to move to the
next control, or press Shift+Ctrl+Tab to move to the previous control.
</quote>