----- Original Message -----
From: "Keith N. McKenna" <keith.mcke...@comcast.net>
To: <users@openoffice.org>
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2009 7:59 AM
Subject: [users] Re: Hijacked thread. Was: Standalone Help Files

> Gene Young wrote:

> >> And in doing so you hijacked this thread. To ask a new question start
> >> a new thread. DO NOT respond to a previous post and just change the
> >> subject line.
> >>

> > Gee.  When I checked the thread, Ugly me was the OP and the original
> > subject was "Standalone Help Files".  The only one I show hijacking
> > the thread and changing the subject line is you.  Have I missed
> > something here?
> >
> Actually I am looking at the thread as I type this and the original op
> was Loren and the Subject was Change default settings for Calc "paste
> special". This is the way it shows on Gmane anyway.

<sigh> Forgive my shortcut.
I did not "hijack" anything - intentionally.
Because I can't memorize a dozen or more list addresses, I seleted to
"reply" in order to get the email address for the list.
Then I deleted the content with the intention of posting my own message.  I
had seen nothing wrong with this, and didn't know that it would cause such a
stir.
While I try not to let my disability show (which is most evident by my
substandard memory) I guess I failed. At any rate I did not mean to offend
anyone.

So congratulations to Keith who obviously has an excellent memory and low
tolerance for the rest of us.
I had - at the time - seen no harm in using a coping mechanism which has
worked well for me. Until now.

-Sean

PS If you really don't want me here - if you only want "normal" people with
"normal" memory capacities, I understand.  You're not the only ones.
I didn't know it would be such a big deal to people.