----- Original Message -----
From: "Keith N. McKenna" <keith.mcke...@comcast.net>
To: <users@openoffice.org>
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2009 11:02 AM
Subject: [users] Re: Hijacked thread. Was: Standalone Help Files

> Sean;
>    My memory is no more excellent or not than anybody else's. It is that
> I follow this list not via email, but through the gmane news server so
> that I had the entire thread in front of me when I replied to Gene.

I wonder where you're so privileged to find a news server.   I thought they
vanished from the face of the earth.
I swear, it's like in unison all ISPs in town dropped usenet some time ago
with no warning but a tiny blurb at the bottom of one cable bill (which I
missed and had to complain about it).
I miss it.

> Actually I am one of the most tolerant people you are likely to meet.

<sigh> it's just that you don't tolerate me.  I had tried to ask an innocent
question (so I thought) and get flamed for it.

>     It is not that people do not want you here. It is simply that it is
> long standing etiquette to start a new message or thread for a new
> question.

I ***DID*** start a new message.
I simply used what I thought was a quick and harmless method of doing it so
I had the address correct.

It keeps the thread on topic and minimizes confusion. If you
> have difficulty remembering the list address there are a number of
> things that can be done. You can reply and get the address to the list
> and copy it to the clipboard, then cancel the mail and start a new
> message with a new subject and paste the address from the clipboard into
> the to field

Yeah but I decided to cut out the middleman because I didn't think it would
be a problem.
Now I'm shocked. Really shocked.
And by now, if all went well I would have had my question answered somehow
instead of all this bickering.
Sorry to be a problem