From: Dotan Cohen <dotanco...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [users] Re: Writer: Highlight row
To: users@openoffice.org
Date: Saturday, April 4, 2009, 5:45 AM

> Tools>Customise Keyboard.
> Now choose Edit in the lower left "Category" pane and "Select Paragraph" in
> the lower right "Function" pane. Choose a key in the upper pane and click
> Modify.
>
> Now, assuming each "row" is a separate paragraph and that the cursor is in
> the row, pressing the chosen key will select the entire thing. It works in a
> bulleted list to select a given bulleted item regardless of where the cursor
> is within that item.

I am almost certain that I tried "Select Paragraph" yesterday and it
did not select individual rows, however I just tried it now and it
does select individual rows! I suppose that I may have had a conflict
with another definition as between then and now I erased my
~/.openoffice.org/ directory which was full of old junk.

Thanks!

> Having read some of the later messages in this thread it's now not clear to
> me what you mean by "highlight". One meaning is "select" (in preparation for
> cut/copy & paste, say) which is what the above method does. Another (*the*
> other ???) meaning is permanently to colour the background of the text in
> question as if you had gone over it with a highlighting pen. If that's what
> you want then, sorry, I can't help other than to suggest a macro assigned to
> a key. The relevant macro would select the entire line and then do
> Format>Character>Background>choose your colour.

I was in fact incorrectly using the term "highlight" when I meant
"select". In Hebrew we generally use the same word for both, as
"select" sounds more like "choose" or "vote" in that language. I
apologize for the confusion.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com