Thanks for telling us.  It's always satisfying to help.

As in all computer usage, knowing what to call things is a huge hindrance, not
just for newbies.  When I worked in development at IBM, this was a daily
concern.  In fact, given the number of computer languages there are and the
number of ethnic languages there are, it's a wonder that any of it works at
all.  So, somehow, we've managed to learn to communicate, despite the
challenges.  That is why your "Googleing 'repeating list item open office'"
produced no "hits."

In OpenOffice, as in many other types of software, to find things (words,
formats, etc.) we call that "pattern matching."  Therein lies the reason for my
suggesting "regular expressions."  If you'll click on HELP, in any of the
OpenOffice applications and search for "regular expressions," as well as Google
for it, you can learn more about that helpful feature than you ever wanted to
know!  It's not hard to use, just a little tricky; requiring GREAT attention to
detail, character by character.  I suggest you copy and paste some text from
some document and paste it into a new document called REGEXP_TESTING and
commence experimenting with it.  Some mastery of its use, even though mastery
is not totally complete, can be helpful to anyone.  As you achieve each
"success," take a minute to record it in that same testing file and identify it
with a meaningful phrase, meaningful to YOU.  This can be a tremendous help,
especially when we're not looking for
 the same patterns every day.  It helps to have a record of what we've learned
so that we can refer to it the next time we need it.

Suzanne L. Perry