I really hate to belabor the point, however, if it is a "list item," is it a
recurring list item?

Suzanne L. Perry

--- On Sun, 4/5/09, Dotan Cohen <dotanco...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Dotan Cohen <dotanco...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [users] Re: Writer: Highlight row
To: users@openoffice.org
Date: Sunday, April 5, 2009, 3:42 AM

> Which "X" are you trying to identify? A bulleted point in frequently received
> documents to select?

No, it is a list item in a file that I edit frequently.

> This is the first we've heard of
>
> While that is true, it looks at the many-to-many relationship from the
> reverse perspective. My question was "How to identify X" not "Which
> XYZ identify with A".

I was referring to the many-to-many relationship between types of text
(list items, paragraphs, headings, tables) and methods to identify
them. Specifically looking for a paragraph identifier (as clicking the
Paragraph Icon would have done) is the reverse of what I was looking
for. It's like asking what colour is a car, then having a method of
identifying all the green objects suggested. The car may be green, but
that does not mean that looking for green objects will help me
identify the colour of the car.

> If you had stated the above originally, then my suggestion would have been to
> create a macro using a regular expression.  In fact, it took many
> communications to differentiate and clarify your need between "select" and
> "highlight."  We can't assist you, if you don't tell us what you need.

You are right, Suzanne, I caused confusion when I used the term
highlight instead of select. I should have been more clear and made
certain to use the correct terminology.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com