Josettem Miller wrote:
I have downloaded  the open office. On opening the program for the first time I
get the registration window. I do not wish to register. I downloaded
org3.xDisable first start Wzd_ooo3.oxt after reading something on the net but
now I do not know what to do. I am not very knowledgeable in these matters, I
wonder if you can advise.
Thank you

J Miller

Registration is optional, and you can safely accept the option not to register without losing any capability. This initial registration is simply used to get an idea of how many people are using OOo. Other capabilities (contributing to the online materials, officially submitting reports of problems, and so on) require a different form of registration, but that's not necessary for you at this point.