On Fri, May 08, 2009 21:28:52 PM +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > Following MS is a moving target.
>
> If you want to be the market leader, you have to work for it.

couldn't agree more if all players had equal opportunities.  If
competition among software programs happened only around features,
usability, documentation, performance, and so on, there would be
nothing wrong or bad, as far as I'm concerned, if MS Office remained
at 95% of the market or whatever that is for the rest of my life.

But allowing the currently dominant player to make moving targets of
the FILE FORMATS is exactly like keeping to play poker with a well
known cardsharper and letting him bring the deck of cards.

Marco

software is used *around* you:            http://digifreedom.net/node/84