On 2009/05/15 3:07 PM  David Patrick wrote:
I have tried searching the various sources of information but with little success.

I am having trouble opening .docx documents that have been emailed to me. These documents have consisted of a series of text boxes with text inside them.

OOo3.1, and OOo3.0 before I upgraded, will open the document, but it loses *all* the formatting. Instead it forces all the text to the top of the page.

As an example, I have placed the original, and a PDF output of what OOO3.1 does to it at http://www.davidpatrick.name/openoffice.

Can anyone either tell me, or point me in the right direction for a solution to this problem?

I just noticed that you are using a Mac so I downloaded your .docx file and opened it in Pages 08 (part of iWorks). It opened and displayed fine so you could download the trial version of iWorks 09 and use that to read .docx files then copy and past them into OO.o

Off Topic: My mother's family came from Eastleigh. Most of the original settlers in the rural community I grew up in came from Eastleigh. The community named itself Eastleigh, Saskatchewan.

--
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada