At 08:56 13/06/2009 +0200, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
Conditional number formatting can be done in several ways, but this question is about the ”right click → format cells” way, manually entering the number format.

This is an example that didn't work like I expected:
[BLUE][<-5]Standard;[RED][>30]Standard;[GREEN]Standard

You had me confused a little here, since "Standard" doesn't do anything significant in my (English) version of OpenOffice Calc (3.1 for Windows XP); perhaps you translated from the Swedish? It needs to be "General" in English, in fact. (But - perversely - the button in the Formatting toolbar has the help tip "Number Format: Standard".)

For values <-5 it looks right, for example -6 is displayed as -6 in blue. However values≥-5 and <0 display a POSITIVE value in green. Where is the minus sign?

Er, quite! With "General", I see the same effect as you. And it's not a characteristic of the General format either: I see the same results if I use "0" in place of "General".

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Yes and no (in that order), I suspect.

I'm sorry that this will not help much.

Brian Barker