On 06/25/2009 12:59 PM, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> Sorry, forgot to add; if you'd like a pdf ppd with even more options,
>> one the copied pdf printer, change (Make and Model) and select the
>> option to supply your own PPD. Then use:
>> /usr/share/ghostscript/8.64/lib/ghostpdf.ppd
>> and name the printer something like PDFGhost so that you know it is
>> using a different ppd.
>>

> Thanks, I did not know about that ppd. However, it has no more options
> than I already had, I suppose that was the ppd already in use.
> Specifically, no N-up option.

Actually it has quite a few more options - particularly in the color
settings etc., 'Printer Options'. The 'Pages per side' option will allow
you to print up to 16 pages per side (same as the standard cups-pdf ppd)
which I _think_ is what you are looking for.  Unfortunately the 'Job
Options' are not available via the OOo printer interface, you'll need to
set from your System|Administration|Printers|right-click & select
properties.

Also note that the cups-pdf/popplar-utilities filter has been fixed in
Intrepid - you'll need to update from Proposed. See:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/poppler/+bug/382379

You're looking for version 0.10.5-1ubuntu2.2:

$ apt-cache policy poppler-utils
poppler-utils:
  Installed: 0.10.5-1ubuntu2.2
  Candidate: 0.10.5-1ubuntu2.2