I have been using Open Office 3 for quite some time and am happy with it. I am not even going to bother with the update to 3.1. I downloaded it fine, but it refused to install. Cannot be bothered with it now, to much hasle.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Barbara Duprey" <b...@onr.com>
To: <users@openoffice.org>; <camille.marshmellowg...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 11:25 PM
Subject: Re: [users] Cannot even register

Camille Poirier wrote:
Hi there,
In case nobody has mentioned, your website is incredibly difficult to use.
You have to be an expert just to query.
After an hour of frustration I finally decided to register and send a
question.  Now it won't accept my name and password.

If you get OpenOffice.org from its own website (www.openoffice.org) no
registration or password is required to use the software, or any of the
free support. The formal bug reporting system does seem fairly difficult
to use, and does require registration and a password, but you can try
here first and see what happens.

My question:  In a spreadsheet, I cannot undo.  If I accidentally enter
information into a cell that already has information, I cannot undo and
retrieve the original contents. It is lost forever. I have to exit without saving changes just to open up again to find out what used to be there. Why
have an undo button that doesn't work?  Makes working with OO very
unnerving.  Is it because I am using a Mac?

I don't use a Mac, but many here do, and that would be an extremely
basic problem that nobody else has reported -- very unlikely. Maybe
somebody else on the list could examine your file (or a sanitized
version of one) on a Mac and see if there's a specific problem with the
way your files are set up.

This is the smallest of the problems experienced.  OpenOffice.org makes
Microsoft look really good.  I prefer Excel any day.

This is a matter of taste, and willingness to pay the initial price and
the prices for all the upgrades. But there are a large number of OOo
users who would not go back to Microsoft Office even if it were free.
Thank you for your time.

Yours truly,
Camille

If you'd like to continue this discussion, please note that this is a
mailing list supported by users of OOo on a voluntary basis, and any
further discussion should be here rather than on my personal e-mail
account. (Note to others on list -- camille.marshmellowg...@gmail.com is
not subscribed, although she may be using Gmane to follow the list. If
so, she did not post from there.)