Yes, I have to agree, it is weird! The notice I have been getting on screen, says "The installed product does not match the installation source(s). Until a matching source is provided or the installed product and source are synchronized, this action cannot be performed." I have since tried removing my version 3 through "Add and remove programs" and I cannot remove it. I have downloaded 3.1 again, tried to install it again, and another notice has told me to close version 3 and and close the quickstarter, as you suggested, I have done this, and again makes no difference. I don't think it likes me! I run XP. Have you installed it over a previous version, or was it a clean install? Thank you for you help and suggestions so far. I am still trying!! Trying to think what to try next. One part of me says to forget it, on the other hand, I do not like to be beaten!