On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 10:39:03 -0500
Came this utterance formulated by Dan Presley to my mailbox:

> The court, *not me*, ruled Microsoft violated software patents in its
> XML technology in Word 2003 and 2007.

I never claimed otherwise.

> I wasn't proclaiming anything.

You claimed, proclaimed or whatever that Office 2010 (currently Office
14) won't breech the patent - but it will. It is not the program but the
save format that is in breech of the patent. Microsoft wont drop the
save format, and modifying it is difficult and would cost.

> As to my *opinion* about this ruling not affecting M$ very much I
> still stand by it -- call it BS if you want, the Lords of Redmond will
> prove me right. They're just that huge; $100 million out of billions
> is a small percentage of their revenue.

$100 million is the wrong figure. Stop with the BS. There revenue like
others in this time is declining. Partly due to the current economic
state. Partly due to Vista rating somewhere alongside Windows ME as the
worst windows released. Also due to the billion or so they have already
to pay the European courts. This will also have an ongoing effect which
may prove more painfull to them than the initial sting regardless if
their solution is to continue to fight the court ruling, pay for the
patent rights, or remove the offending options from the save format.

> Are you just that lost in your arrogance, or are you a natural born
> sphincter?

Ah, petty name calling. Check it out below; I attacked your facts where
i knew them to be wrong, until you can defend your indefensible 'facts'
i will insist you wrote your original email in an altered state of mind.
It certainly wasn't carefully weighed balanced opinion! When i see
someone intentionally misleading with BS, i will say so.

--
Michael

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall
be well

 - Julian of Norwich 1342 - 1416