On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 13:58:17 +0000
Came this utterance formulated by jonathon to my mailbox:

> On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 09:47, Michael Adams wrote:
>
> >> Besides M$ already has almost all the money they'll make from
> >> Office 2003 and 2007.
> > Negate the smoking comment, you must be mainlining.
>
> Windows 7 is due for release later this year.  Office 2010 is due for
> release second quarter 2010. Between those two data points, Microsoft
> probably has earned most of the revenue from Office2007 (and WinVista)
> that they can earn. (Don't bother claiming that  WinXp  revenue is
> earning anything for Microsoft. At best, it is subsidizing WinVista
> sales until Win7 can be released.)

Vista is still sold on almost all new boxes, and Office trial version is
on most of those. Many are starting schools or further education with
Office '07 and will upgrade. So until the new versions are released,
they will continue to sell. There are many reasons at this time for a
drop in sales. Approaching End Of Life is not a major one as i see it.
Remember business' will evaluate Office 14 before buying.

BTW Office 14 will work on XP (Microsoft have announced).

--
Michael

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall
be well

 - Julian of Norwich 1342 - 1416