Arun Shrimali wrote:
On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 12:25 AM, Andy <a...@the-martin-byrd.net> wrote:
Arun Shrimali wrote:
Dear All,

I am using Openoffice 3.0.1 over Ubuntu 9.04

I have created a long document with outlined numbering (bullets and
numbering), means the heading has numbered 1 and subheading has 1.1
and so one (these numbers are auto generated by OO's Bullets and
numbering tools). The complete text / document is under numbering.

Now I want to have the Index which has the numbering list upto level 3.

I have tried a lot could not get the bullets list in Index.

Can anybody help me.

Try looking at the 0212WG3 users guide.  The user guides for Writer can be
found at http://www.oooauthors.org/english/userguide3/writer3/WG3_published
.

The guides are in .odt and .pdf format so you have a choice in how to view
them.  You can also download the full set of guides near the bottom of the
web page in a .zip package.

Hope this helps.

--
Andy Brown
La Mesa, CA  91942

Dear Andy,

Really thanks for your support. But the documents helps to create
index in numbering, but does not help to create index if content is
already in numbering and bullets.

regards

Arun

It's not clear (at least to me) exactly what you're trying to accomplish here. Could you give us an example of what content you have and what kind of index you'd like to generate? ODF attachments generally make it into the list, or you could save something on the web or maybe just show us in an e-mail.