Barbara Duprey wrote:
Brian Barker wrote:
At 15:34 27/09/2009 -0400, Timo Lynch wrote:
... my ISP claims they are not blocking anything.

That's almost certainly nonsense, isn't it? There is so much spam these days that if your ISP was not filtering it out you would be overwhelmed. Indeed, this message included the header: X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.2.5 (2008-06-10) on outbound002.roc2.bluetie.com - so they are evidently using SpamAssassin, presumably on incoming mail as well as outgoing. (And their web site makes a point of spam protection.) This should work well but, if wrongly configured, could it be guilty of false positives in dismissing your confirmation messages?

Are you using a whitelisting system, which may not include the address from which the confirmation message comes? Every confirmation message comes from a unique address which you cannot predict, of course.

Brian Barker

Yes, they're certainly blocking stuff, and it's possible that the form of the confirmation message is triggering something. Actually, though, I went through an unsubscribe and resubscribe recently to see exactly what happened, and both the confirmation messages came from users-h...@openoffice.org. The response address is the unpredictable part, so maybe whitelisting users-h...@openoffice.org would be useful?

Timo

I hope I am not stating the obvious. Have you checked your spam folder to see if the reply is there?

Thanks

Rob