On 11/24/2009 06:31 PM, Web Kracked wrote:
> NoOp wrote:
>> On 11/24/2009 06:55 AM, Web Kracked wrote:
>>> Before I moved to 9.10, I had the same trouble.  I asked the
>>> same question since I could not get things to work.  I was
>>> answered with the following URL.
>>>
>>> https://launchpad.net/~openoffice-pkgs/+archive/ppa
>>>

>> You should have checked the ppa _before_ suggesting:
>>
>> <quote>
>>
>> PPA description
>>
>> Empty for now, will likely have OOo 3.2.0/3.2.1 debs for Karmic/Lucid
>> later in the cycle.
>>
>> If you want OOo 3.1.1 upgrade to Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic).
>> </quote>
>>

> Well I just passed on what was given me.
> I do not have time to recheck links that worked
> last month or even last week.

Click, check. How long does that take?

> Remember the issue
> was that 9.10 was stated in the thread as a different
> version than what was provided by the OOo site and
> what I found on the Launchpad site.  For whatever
> reason that may have been.

Oh nonsense. You stated:

<quote>
Before I moved to 9.10, I had the same trouble.  I asked the
same question since I could not get things to work.  I was
answered with the following URL.

https://launchpad.net/~openoffice-pkgs/+archive/ppa

This page will tell you how to get the latest version of
OOo from Launchpad easier that it was for me to get it
working from OOo's download site.  As it was, I upgraded
to 9.10 a few weeks after, when it went beyond the RC.
</quote>

Also see:
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openoffice.org/+bug/267376?comments=all>
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openoffice.org/+bug/267376/comments/153>

Simple; just check links before posting. Added note: I've forgotten to
do this on occassion as well, so I speak from experience :-)

@OP/Diethard: It's quite easy to install standard OOo alongside your
Ubuntu OOo, see:
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.openoffice.questions/202091
for how. Ignore all the other "advise" to uninstall/remove your (U)OOo
in the process, it's completely unecessary.