Web Kracked wrote:

My question still stands, could someone setup a repository for
OOo's web site's [Sun's] version for the "Deb" versions of Linux?
How much bandwidth would it need - GUESS?  How hard would it be
to do so for every update that comes out?  I would love to be able
to easily install OOo on Ubuntu, but without a repository or PPA,
I seem not to be able to get my server to install via the OOo
website's linked files.  I use Ubuntu 9.10 "desktop", not server,
since I only need Samba for file and printer sharing.  Maybe some
day I will set one on as a full server for offline web site creation
with server site operation like PHP and MySQL, but not for awhile.

No such repository. Simply download, extract, install. Using the command line, this process takes less time than clicking through the Windows installer. Tutorial: http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=68