On 11/25/2009 02:12 AM, Christian Lippka wrote:
> On linux it depends if you use the original OOo build which uses
> the java media framework or the gstreamer backend which can play
> anything that VLC can play as they use the same backend.

[With apologies to Harold as this applies to linux - perhaps we can move
this to a new thread so that we don't distract further from Harold's
Windows issue]

While you're here; perhaps you can adivse on how to get mp4 working with
jmf? As you know, jmf hasn't been updated in ages & only has mp3 support:
http://java.sun.com/javase/technologies/desktop/media/jmf/index.jsp
http://java.sun.com/javase/technologies/desktop/media/jmf/2.1.1/formats.html

Further, there is no simple way for a non-tech user to even add jmf so
OOo can use it. Here is how I _finally_ did it:
http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=168915

Maybe an 'jmf extension' courtesy of Sun is the answer?