Dotan Cohen ha scritto:
I have a spreadsheet with 1375 rows. One of the colums is a time
column, with the format 'hh:mm:ss. Note the leading ' sign. In order
to sum this column, I need to remove this character. However, the
search and replace dialogue s not recognize this character. How can I
remove them all easily?

Thanks in advance.

Do you see the ' character in the cell or only in the value bar ?
I ask because I happen to have some spreadsheets in which I read 0,00 in the cells, but I see '0,00 in the value bar. The leading ' tells OOo that the cell is to be treated as a string. Instead I want it to treat the cell as a number. If I try to search for the ', it doesn't find it, because it's not part of the cell contents.

--
Marcello Romani