Tanstaafl ha scritto:
On 12/17/2009, Marcello Romani (mrom...@ottotecnica.com) wrote:
Do you see the ' character in the cell or only in the value bar ? I
ask because I happen to have some spreadsheets in which I read 0,00
in the cells, but I see '0,00 in the value bar. The leading ' tells
OOo that the cell is to be treated as a string. Instead I want it to
treat the cell as a number. If I try to search for the ', it doesn't
find it, because it's not part of the cell contents.

I've only run into this problem on spreadsheets someone received from
outside the office done in Excel.

I can't remember the fix off the top of my head, but it was simple once
I found it...

If you can send me a sample spreadsheet (private data redacted), I'm
sure I could figure it out again in a few minutes.

That would be very helpful.

I've attached an ODS spreadsheet with two columns that should be imported as "numeric" bu are interpreted as "string" because of the '

That file has been obtained by simply opening an excel file produced by our accounting software.

Thank you.

--
Marcello Romani