2010/1/30 Programmer In Training <p...@joseph-a-nagy-jr.us>

> On 1/30/2010 8:53 AM, M Henri Day wrote:
> <snip>
> > Lars, the link I provided in my posting above informs the reader of the
> full
> > URL of the website to which it links. In the event that you do not feel
> > competent to use it or desire not to do so for other reasons, you are
> free
> > to abstain....
> >
> > Henri
> >

> Agreed, but it is silly to use a URL shortener in an email.

Programmer In Training, before posting to tell us what you believe to be
«silly»,you might wish to consider that others may feel that religious
propaganda has no place in an email message sent to a list the subject of
which has nothing to do with religion. My use of a URL shortener is a result
of experience with broken email links sent to people who had difficulty
putting them together. If one dislikes the practice, one can always, as I
pointed out to Lars, abstain from clicking the link in question. But my
desire in opening this thread was to point out to fellow OOo users that ODF
has been adopted by the Danish state for official documents, which I felt
many would regard  as a postive development, not to wake a discussion on
either religion or URL shorteners. It would seem that I have failed....

Henri