2010/2/23 Alan Lord (News) <alansli...@gmail.com>:
> On 23/02/10 09:32, Guy Voets wrote:
>>
>> 2010/2/22 James Wilde<james.wi...@sunde-wilde.com>:
>>>
>>> I'm having my work corrected to US English, so I checked the settings.
>>>  No UK English dictionary.  So I went on line to look.
>>>
>>> Can it really be that there is no UK English spelling dictionary?
>>>  There's US English, Australian, Canadian and something else, but no UK
>>> English.
>>>
>>> //J
>>
>> Hello James,
>>
>> You can install the UK English dictionary extension:
>> http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/en_US-dict
>
> Guy, that is US English. There's a clue in the en_US-dict link ;-)
>
> The OP is looking for an en_GB-dict?
>
> British English and American English are not the same...
>
> Alan

Thanks Alan, stupid of me, but I searched for UK English in
extensions.openoffice.org and didn't look closely into it...
Maybe http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/eurooffice-dictionary

The only dict-en.oxt I find doesn't have a _GB or any other specification...
but I can chose between 10 variations of English, among them India,
GB; Zimbabwe!
dict-en.oxt is a 6,2 MB file.

Other option for James: download OOo 3.2 RC5 for Good Day:
http://ooopackages.good-day.net/pub/OpenOffice.org/MacOSX/3.2.0rc5_20100202/OOo_3.2.0rc5_20100202_MacOSXIntel_install_en-GB.dmg
If you have PPC, it's there too.
RC5 is equal to the final release (only: _GB release didn't get final...)

HTH
--
Guy