On 2010-03-15 7:59 AM, Richard Travers wrote:
> Interesting to see your tirade on Microsoft's business practices (no
> argument there), but no mention of IBM's pivotal role in Microsoft's
> success.

Or Bill Gate's foresight in seeing the bigger picture, and that the
future was in the s/w, not the hardware.

Too bad he made the decisions he did later wrt to the anti-competitive
strong arm tactics he used to bully the OEMs into selling (only)
Windows, instead of putting all of his efforts into just making Windows
'the best it could be'. Who knows we would be had he done that - hmmm, I
guess maybe there wouldn't have been the huge market demand for an
alternative like Linux - so maybe Linux lovers should *thank* Mr Gates?

--

Charles