NoOp wrote,

Interestingly enough, on a WinXP machine that I just upgraded the Sun
(oragle) java on, the splash screen during the upgrade provides an ad
for OOo. On it is a bullet point about 'import and export pdf's with a
single click. Forgot to take a screenshot, but it's apparent that
Sun/oragle is promoting this as a feature for OOo. Anyone else seen this?

Yes. I was upgrading a Vista machine. I installed JRE 6 Update 18 and the splash mentioned both import and export. Then the system prompted for an update to Update 19. It didn't actually work (it complained of needing "elevation").

So I went back to the Oracle Web site and there Update 19 was available. This was all in the space of half an hour.

So I installed Update 19 "from scratch" and this time the splash screen omitted reference to PDF import.

--
Bob Long