At 15:56:55 on Friday Friday 28 May 2010, John Kaufmann <kaufm...@nb.net>
wrote:
> In a message dated 2010.05.28 03:39 -0500, Stan Goodman wrote:
> > I see the problem now. Although the printer is set for A4 paper, the
> > ruler at the left of the OOo window shows that the page length is 24
> >  centimeters, i.e. Letter size. What do I have to do to reorganize
> > the page?
>
> What is your Page style (F-11, click on Page icon)?  In that style,
> what is the specified page size (Page tab, "Format")?  If "Letter",
> change to "A4".  Or, if you just want a one-time change, go via the
> menu, Format>Page.

I do not find a Page icon though I have examined all of them at the top of
the window, but I made the change in the menu. But I do want A$ set
globally; does this icon have another name? Where is it?

> > But even so, the display shows the page-number footing to be within
> > the area of the Letter-size; if that is so, why doesn't it print?
>
> Which display? - the page preview (which knows about printing
> constraints) or the editing screen (which does not)?

Sorry, I mean the composition display, in which one writes the document.

> > Yes, the PDF prints the page numbers. The print-preview of the ODT
> > page does not show the page numbers.

I now see that if I strain my eyes and use a  bit of imagination, there
are page numbers in the preview. None are visible in the printout. I
tried to make the footer Bold, but this changed nothing.

> When you do the PDF print, do you require 100% or let is scale itself
> (Acrobat default)?

Evidently, Acrobat scaled, because the type size is smaller and the
margins larger.

> John

Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on