Stan Goodman wrote:
At 20:16:11 on Friday Friday 28 May 2010, RA Brown <rabr...@the-martin-byrd.net> wrote:
Stan Goodman wrote:
At 15:56:55 on Friday Friday 28 May 2010, John Kaufmann
<kaufm...@nb.net>

wrote:
In a message dated 2010.05.28 03:39 -0500, Stan Goodman wrote:
I see the problem now. Although the printer is set for A4 paper,
the ruler at the left of the OOo window shows that the page length
is 24 centimeters, i.e. Letter size. What do I have to do to
reorganize the page?
What is your Page style (F-11, click on Page icon)?  In that style,
what is the specified page size (Page tab, "Format")?  If "Letter",
change to "A4".  Or, if you just want a one-time change, go via the
menu, Format>Page.
I do not find a Page icon though I have examined all of them at the
top of the window, but I made the change in the menu. But I do want
A$ set globally; does this icon have another name? Where is it?
When you press the F11 key a window pops up, usually on the right side
of the screen, this is the "Styles and Formating" window.  The forth
icon from the left of the window is the "Page" icon that was referred
to in the prior post.

I can press F11 anywhere, and it opens the window as you say. But the fourth icon from the left of the main window is: "Opens a new window in your default email program with the current document as an attachment...."

More importantly, I do not understand why I am not getting printed page numbers. To be clear, I am looking at pages from 2 on, not at the first.

Andy

It definitely sounds as if the problem is with the physical printing -- all the non-physical aspects work as expected (print preview, PDF creation, screen display), and even PDF printout (probably with scaling enabled). You'll need to make sure that your bottom margin is deep enough for the page number to fit in the printer's printable area.