Greetings All,

I am new to Linux and this is my first post to the forum. Hope I do it right. While I have often used OOo Writer and Calc in Windows, I had never opened Base. The subject line was going to read, "Did Base not come with Ubuntu?" because there was no way to start it. I played with Synaptic, though, and now have access to Base. In starting my first file, it immediately asks me, "Do you want the wizard to register the database in OpenOffice.org?" My question is, Why would I want to do that? I answered No because I don't really see the need. Would one (or more) of you more experienced users please enlighten me? Many TIA!

--
Have a blessed day!
  <><  Earl