On 07/30/2010 12:12 PM, Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:
On 30/07/10 16:56, Earl Melton wrote:
Greetings All,

I am new to Linux and this is my first post to the forum. Hope I do it
right. While I have often used OOo Writer and Calc in Windows, I had
never opened Base. The subject line was going to read, "Did Base not
come with Ubuntu?" because there was no way to start it. I played with
Synaptic, though, and now have access to Base. In starting my first
file, it immediately asks me, "Do you want the wizard to register the
database in OpenOffice.org?" My question is, Why would I want to do
that? I answered No because I don't really see the need. Would one (or
more) of you more experienced users please enlighten me? Many TIA!

If it's an address database then Open Office can use that for mailing
labels and such like...
I do not see the database as an option in my Ubuntu version of OOo.
It is grayed out of the menu screen.