Hi all,

If you have a current OOo (i.e from the 'to be 3.3' code line) then the
dictionaries that come with the office are now so called 'bundled
extensions'. This implies the following:

- there will be no update notifications for bundled extensions at all.
The only way to get a new one is to get a new OOo

- bundled extensions can no longer be removed via the extension manager.
They can be removed however by modifying the installation. This ought to
be done at the same place where you are regularly meant to remove a
program. There should be also an option to modify the installation which
should allow you to get rid even of bundled extensions.

Unfortunately I have not tested it myself so far since usually
developers always have a bunch of different OOo installations on their
box, and for this we use different means then the normal installation
process (in older times working as 'setup -a'). Because of that those
installations are not visible to the list of installed programs and thus
that option can not even be accessed. :-(

@IS: Please correct me if I said something wrong or outdated.

Regards,
Thomas