On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 13:59 +0100, Galleton Books wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have just started my own business, working form home. So far I have
> had a number of problems with my computer and various programmes. I
> came across your site when I was looking to download Microsoft
> professional. Office was not receiving favourable reviews, unlike your
> product. Because of the previous set backs I have experienced I am a
> little nervous downloading openoffice. Will I be able to open the
> documents I have already created on my system in word? The biggest
> concern I have is my email at present I use Microsoft outlook, what
> way will this work if I download openoffice? And finally do I delegate
> Microsoft office first? If all these questions are answered somewhere
> on you web site I apologise for not finding them, I just am so nervous
> as I am not overly experienced in the way of computers!
>
> With best wishes
>
> Orlagh Culleton

Take a look at: http://user-faq.openoffice.org/faq/index.html-toc.html
this may help to allay some of your concerns.

Brief answers to your questions:
Yes you will be able to open, edit and save documents created with Word.
You will not be able to use OOo Writer as the email editor in Outlook,
but Outlook will still work the same way as it always has (good or bad)
if you install OOo.
No you do not have to remove (delegate?) MS Office to install OOo, they
will happily coexist on the same computer.

If you need more help check the wealth of information here:
http://documentation.openoffice.org/ and if you cannot find an answer
there try: http://mindmeld.cybersite.com.au/ or email your question to:
users@openoffice.org

HTH