CPHennessy wrote:
On Friday 05 August 2005 19:43, + [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hello,
openoffice.org was recently recommended to me but the site is hardly
discernible.
tried to speak to a customer service type lady but her English was poor.
interested in downloading and using openoffice - can anyone guide me?

Sure, you can download it from http://download.openoffice.org/1.1.4/ If you are in the US, you can choose any of the sites. Download and then unzip the file and run setup.exe. Also have a look at the install guide also in the zip file.

Please reply to users@openoffice.org only

I'd be interested in knowing what customer-service lady you talked to.

I may be misunderstanding your post, but OpenOffice, so far as I know, doesn't have "customer service" people that one can talk to by phone.

JimW