On Saturday 13 August 2005 22:39, + Bruce and Kelly McLarty wrote:
> Hi! I am trying to open files which were saved on a floppy disk using
> windows program onto my openoffice program. When I go to click file open
> and go to 31/2 floppy disk and click on the file and select open - it
> automatically goes to a:/filtering options screen. If I select a filter it
> always has an error message saying general error general input out put
> error.  I have also tried to cahnge the file list but that doesn't seem to
> work either.

generally you only get the "filter list" if OpenOffice.org does not know how
to open the file i.e. this file type may not be supported.

Please tell us :
What version of OpenOffice.org you are using ?
What type of file are you trying to open ? ( WordPerfect, CSV, text , or ... )

Please reply to users@openoffice.org only

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

                                http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ