On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 11:05 -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to this site and it looks great. I wish to import an  Excel
> file to CALC. I have downloaded the openoffice files, but  am unsure
> about how to open CALC and then how to import my Excel file. Please
> could you let me know what I should do.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Simon Stockton

>From your email header I am guessing you are running some version of
Windows, but you have not said which version of OOo you have downloaded.

Have you installed OOo? If not, then get the guide (pdf format) here:
http://documentation.openoffice.org/setup_guide2/index.html

When you have OOo installed & working, there are a wealth of user guides
available from here: http://documentation.openoffice.org/

HTH
Dave