Problem Statement #1 looks like: "The problem I have is that when I make
a CD copy from my main computer of the new version, and I try to install
it to my lap top it locks up the system until I take out the CD. "

This sounds like a corollary to "Problem Statement #2"

Problem Statement #2 looks like: " I have also tried to download it
directly to the CD, but I get the same results."

Combined it sounds like you are attempting to download the installation
directly to your CD-RW drive to make a CD of the installation. How a I
doing? Have you done this before? Preferably you really need to download
the file to a directory (like /tmp). Then drag using Windows Explorer
drag the OpenOffice installation file to the CD-RW and hope that Windows
can make the CD properly. Alternatively, do you have something like
Roxio installed which has a function called "Drag to Disk"? This has
it's own challenges.

I personally have disabled or avoided the "D&D to CDRW" process. Using
it I have created more coasters that I like to count. When I get time I
may get artsie and do something "creative"(!)

-Jim

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 01/15/2006 17:27 >>>
My operating System is Windows XP and I have 512 meg of ram, 60 gig
hard
drive.
I have check the FAQ but there no question associated with this
problem.

Thank you for you response,

George

U. George Consuegra
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
EarthLink Revolves Around You.

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 1/15/2006 6:29:57 AM
> Subject: Re: [users] [moderated]
>
> On Sat January 14 2006 13:23, + U. George Consuegra wrote:
> > I have been using Open Office 1. and I noticed that there was a
never
> > version. I deleted the old version and downloaded and installed the
2.v
> > without any problems, which I am using and always talk to other
people
> > about it how great it is.
> >
> > The problem I have is that when I make a CD copy from my main
computer
of
> > the new version, and I try to install it to my lap top it locks up
the
> > system until I take out the CD. I have also tried to download it
directly
> > to the CD, but I get the same results.
> >
> > I have made copies of the old version and installed it to my lap
top
> > without no problem. But, the never version 2. will not let me do
it.

> > Is there something I'm doing wrong? Could you please advice on how
make