On or about 3/14/2006 1:27 PM, Robin Laing penned the following:
> Keith Bates wrote:
>> On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 10:13:24 -0500
>> EJones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>

>>> On or about 3/12/2006 7:21 AM, Andy Pepperdine penned the following:

>>> Not really.  What I had in mind is the option to view control and
>>> formatting codes as in WP.  Many times I might change formatting or
>>> other options and forgot where they got changed.  By looking at the
>>> codes, I can find and edit the document much easier than by other
>>> methods.  The links provided by [EMAIL PROTECTED] in this
>>> thread seem to do what I want.  We'll see.
>>>

>> If controlling and tracking formatting of documents is important to
>> you, you really need to take the time to investigate styles rather than
>> pursuing the Reveal Codes path. Styles give you better control and more
>> rapid changes through a document.
>>
>> I mainly use OO for simple letters and so on, but on occasions where
>> formatting is important, styles do make a big difference.
>>

> I find that this is true on newly created documents but on imported or
> copied and pasted pieces of documents, I find that reveal codes would
> make things better.

I agree.  I had asked because I have a genealogy booklet that I wrote
for my wife's family using WordPerfect 6.  I made each chapter a
separate file.  When I brought them into OO, I concantonated the pages
into one document.  Of course the WP6 formatting was sort of messing up
the document.  I thought if I could see the control characters I could
straighted out the document.

To make a long story shorter, I decided to take all the WP files, open
them back up in WP and save them in .txt.  Then I imported them into one
OO file and manually reformatted to my likings.

A little long in redoing the booklet but it's done and I hope I don't
have to do it again as OO progresses from one version to another as
people keep getting married and have kids so pages have to be added or
revised.

I guess I can get along without the function.  (At least for now) (:>

--
Ed