On Wednesday 19 July 2006 09:28 am, Johnny Andersson wrote:
> Den 2006-07-19 15:58:20 skrev Immanuel CRC Office
>
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > Gilles SICHE wrote:
> >> Good morning,
> >>  thank you for your answers about minimum requirements.
> >>  I have another question.
> >> In OOo 2.0.3, when you use the "replace" function (eg : "abotu" will be
> >> turned into "about"), if the word to be replaced is followed
> >> immediately by
> >> a dot, the replacement will not take place.
> >> In OOo 2.0.2, on the contrary, the dot does not stop the replacement
> >> from
> >> taking place.
> >> I have looked into Tools/AutoCorrect but haven't been able to find any
> >> box
> >> to tick or untick.
> >>  Thank you in advance,
> >>  Gilles Siche
> >
> > Gilles:
> >
> > I have 2.0.3 and I cannot replicate what you say is happening. Perhaps I
> > didn't do it correct?
> >
> > I tried: abotu. abotu and abotu
> > I did find / replace and with both replace and replace all they all
> > changed to about. Is this not what is happening to you?
> >
> > Crystle
>
> I think Gilles was talking about Auto correction rather than find/replace,
> but maybe I'm wrong.
> I can't try this myself since I still run 1.1.5 due to my old and slow PC.
>
> Johnny

     The problem is in Tools > AutoCorrect > Replace. It is not in
Find/Replace (Control+F).
     The function of the Replace tab under AutoCorrect is to replace a
commonly misspelled word with the correct spelling. It does not replace parts
of a word. Furthermore, it only works when a space is inserted after the
word. So, this sentence would not be changed by it: "This is what it is all
abotu." (Try typing this sentence in Writer without the quotes, and you will
see.)

Dan