On Thursday 03 August 2006 08:41, Harold Fuchs wrote:
> It was *not* the OS, it was OO.
>
> I found that, in Writer, under Format/Sections the two sections of the
> document were Write Protected.
>
> Unchecking the box for each section fixed the problem.
>
> The question remains, though, as to what causes this to happen. MS Word, on
> my friend's machine, clearly did not think the sections are protected.
>
> Anyone ?
>
> Harold Fuchs
> London, England

it seems to me there is one of two issues here..  either the MS ignores write
protected sections, or OO opened the document and made the sections write
protected.   Possibly it would be a good test to look at the structure under
MS and see if it is protected or not.    A third possibility is that MS does
not support write protected sections.  I don't know the third as I have not
used any MS products in about 4 years..  I suggest you research the problem
before filing any bug reports.  You could possibility save some developers
time, that could be more efficiently used on other higher priority fixes.

FWIW.. Fred
--
Fred Moore / WD8KNI