> when I try to start OpenOffice.org
> 2.0.app I get an error window with the text: <Can't make alias ">

Are you running OpenOffice.org 2.0.app (the application icon) from
within the Applications folder?

Yes.

It appears that X11 is not starting.  Can you confirm that X11 is
working on your system

The xterm window opens, and I have set the preferences according to the how-to instructions. The version is : "
XFree86 Version 4.4.0 / X Window System
The 'ls' command is functioning properly.

Also, what is the version of OpenOffice.org 2 that you downloaded and
the language you are using?

Version 2.0.3. I have tried these:
<http://mirrors.dotsrc.org/openoffice/stable/2.0.3/OOo_2.0.3_MacOSXPPC_install.dmg>
<http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/Office/OpenOffice.org/stable/2.0.3/OOo_2.0.3_MacOSXPPC_install.dmg>

I have tried with the OS language set to Norwegian and English.

There is actually one thing I haven't done according to the instructions, namely: "-> Once the copy is completed, unmount the image (right-click, or CTRL/click : unmount image)". I have tried to right-click absolutely everything, but nowhere do I get the option to "unmount image". Could this be the problem, and how do I unmount it?

Thank you
-Sigve Berge Hofland