Hi all,

I'd like to remind everyone of a few simple points which may help new users
get the most out of our answers:

1) For many new users they are not always the most comfortable at using the
internet nor email

even how a mailing list works

3) So we need to be patient and polite in our responses

4) We should also CC: the posters of messages that contain a "Delivered-to:
moderator" header since they are from users who are not subscribed and thus
they would otherwise not see our responses.

5) For FAQs we should redirect the users to the appropriate web pages at

    http://user-faq.openoffice.org or http://documentation.openoffice.org

6) For development related email we should redirect the users email advising
them to subscribe to the mailing list to

    dev@<the-appropriate-project>.openoffice.org

7) Ignore trolls i.e. those with the "na-na MSWord is better than OOo and
always will be!" attribute or similar as they serve no useful purpose

8) Adhere to the usual Netiquette

Note 1 : So how do I know if someone is not subscribed ?
That is easy : there is a field in every email on this list called
"Delivered-to". For subscribed users it will show your email address. For
unsubscribed users, there will be two "Delievered-to" fields, the one as
described above, and a second one with the value "moderator". Any email
delivered to the moderator and then to the list, means that the email was
from an unsubscribed user and therefore you should try to CC: that user.
Many people use their email tool to filter the users@ emails so that those
with the field "Delivered-to" with a value of "moderator" get flagged to
indicate that they should be treated specially.

Regards
--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

                                http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ