[message rearranged for clarity to show flow of message from top to
bottom IAW RFC 1855]

Cor Nouws wrote:

>>  On Friday, September 22, 2006 8:54 PM [GMT+1=CET], Cor Nouws
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>

>>> <snip>

> SandyU wrote:
>
>> If that's the rationale, it's misguided since key bindings on a Linux
>> desktop can be customised to make ALT key handlers available to
>> applications.
>
> Could just be that I am misinformed on this subject.
> Who exactly knows this?
>
> Cor

It is possible under Linux to use the ALT key as an accelerator, but you
have to activate it.

As far as the use of a key to move up/down within a Writer document,
this is through Tools -> Customize -> Keyboard tab -> Navigate.  You
have to select an unused key combination to move up and down the page
from one paragraph marker to the next and the reverse.  There are no
keys assigned for this purpose but you can assign the Cntrl + Up/Cntrl +
Down keys by removing the original assignment and then reassigning
them.  The same can be done to move back and forth for sentences (which
another poster in this thread has done.)

James McKenzie