I use the Alt+Q combination to close the console because it likes to keep Ctrl for other purposes.

I suspect Alt is required by OpenOffice to access its menu.

There is an Alt keyhandler for writer here: http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/hillview/OOo/

I've never used it because I avoid using Writer. If I had to do a lot of wordprocessing, I'd get something else.

All these learned gents referring to RFC 1855! For the hignorant among us, where does we find that (should we want to, which we don't at present, being otherwise occupied)?

James McKenzie wrote:
[message rearranged to comply with RFC 1855]

SandyU wrote:
 On Friday, September 22, 2006 8:54 PM [GMT+1=CET], Cor Nouws