kc7hxy wrote:
I tried your list of so called places to buy OOo 3.0.03
and all I got was a bunch of crokks trying to make money by selling me things I
don't want.
Please give me a legimate place to buy a CD of OOo.

Bud
Hi Bud,

OOo version 3.x.x doesn't exist yet. You'll have to make do with version 2.0.4, which was just released a few days ago. OOo is free software (The free relates to freedom, not price). This means it can be distributed by anyone to anyone, either at no cost or for a small fee (± $10 is acceptable). You can download it from www.openoffice.org at no cost other than what your provider charges you for bandwith.

You can also take up the offer of Dotan Cohen, who will send you one at no cost. This means he sucks up the cost of the CD-R and the postage and he puts in time to burn the CD and to mail it to you. That's really nice of him, I would say!

It is unfortunate indeed that there are people on the internet who want to ride on the coattails of OOo and make an easy buck out of it. Not everybody is like that though.

Kind regards,

Jo