This folder is OK to delete.  It functions as an installation file repository, and once the installation is finished it is no longer needed.  It is handy to keep for reinstallation if something later goes wrong and you need to fix it.

Marc Hug wrote:
Yes, I did, after having read the instruction given by someone more competent than I am... And I tell you: my OpenOffice still functions OK, as before.
Marc H.

M. Henri Day a écrit :

John W. Kennedy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote :«I've never been quite sure
whether it's OK to delete it [the OOo file folder that appears on one's
desktop after downloading 2.0.4 (note that it did not appear after
downloading of 2.0.3)]».

It would be interesting to have an answer to this question ; has anyone on
this forum dared to delete this file ?...

Henri