John R. Sowden wrote:
On Mon October 23 2006 21:56, users@openoffice.org wrote:
Louse wrote:
Please tell me how to back up to a CD
cat * > /dev/cd/
Can you please explain exactly what this command is doing.
tia,
I'm going to butt in here to suggest that you avoid simplistic solutions. They are offered fairly freely by self-styled Linux gurus. Have a look at this article: http://www.halfgaar.net/backing-up-unix

I have been poking a stick at dar (and using it) for some time. This is a good place to start looking: http://dar.linux.free.fr/

A user on linuxquestions recommended mondo and I have just been through the man page. It seems to beat dar (my previous choice) hands down. Your distro may have it (mine did). Otherwise, check this link: http://www.mondorescue.org/

--

If you're seeking, check out http://www.rci.org.au