Dan Lewis wrote:
On Wednesday 01 November 2006 04:38 am, Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:
Harold Fuchs wrote:
On Friday, October 27, 2006 6:31 PM [GMT+1=CET], Anthony Chilco
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Actually, the height is one of the options on 'Format /
paragraph / drop caps tab'.
tc
On my 2.0.4 Win XP/Pro system the height simply doesn't work.
Bug?
Probably! The same thing here and also on Debian Sarge. Can't
confirm on Etch: my machine just thrashes for minutes on end until
it gives up and offers to close OO.o. This latter is probably due
to lack of memory - only 128 MB - but even so??

If no one points out our collective misunderstanding in the next
few hours I'll raise an issue for this.

Peter HB

Have any of you looked at the Character Styles in the Styles and Formatting Window? It is called Drop Caps. Try modifying that character style.

Not relevant, but thanks for the thought. It put me on the right track and revealed, at least in my case, that this user shouldn't be allowed out without a keeper:-)

The penny - sorry, cap - dropped when I realised that you can't drop a cap when there is nowhere for it to go! If there aren't enough lines in the chosen paragraph then nothing happens, other than the apparent field shading around the character for dropping and the spacing to the following characters. This latter effect might be a bug in that, if the cap can't be dropped, should any of the effects be applied?

Peter HB