On Wednesday 01 November 2006 00:31, Harold Fuchs wrote:
> On Friday, October 27, 2006 4:54 PM [GMT+1=CET], Matt Needles
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Not the same thing, Harold.  We're talking about an Initial capital
> > letter that is much larger than the rest of the line, and drops below
> > it, as in some fancy, older, decorated manuscripts.

I tried it as well with my Suse Linux 10.1 install of OO. I tried first with a
single line, typing the word "Hello". Nothing happened at all when I tried to
set the drop cap mode.

I skipped a couple of lines and typed in a whole sentence that wrapped around
the end of the line, and tried it again. Now it worked. Still wouldn't do it
with the top line, however. I hope this behaviour is a clue.

Bob.

--
Robert Smits, Ladysmith BC Email [EMAIL PROTECTED]