Yes, James I am confused.  My intent is to see if your community website and my
non-profit website can cooperate for our mutual benefits.  I respect the
fantastic job the OpenOffice community has and is doing.  However, there is a
missing piece that my website is providing.  My Users will not, or can not, use
your website.  I constantly refer people to your website.  Most do not try your
website.  Of the few that do try your website, some come back to me unsatisfied
with your website.

James Mckenzie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Walter:

Maybe you are confused here:

Dreamweaver:  HTML tool for site design.
FileZilla:  FTP client to serve files from a file server.

What were you trying to do that you need to replace/surplant Dreamweaver?  And
what purpose are you using Dreamweaver for that another HTML content manager
cannot do?

**** I do a "Save As" to convert files from the OpenOffice format to the html
format.  The html always has a few problems but they are consistent and easy to
fix in Dreamweaver.  Dreamweaver then posts the corrected html file.   I am
looking for a Volunteer who can back me  up in converting files to html and
posting on the server.  The problem with Dreamweaver is the cost of the
software which Volunteers have not been willing to pay.  If I were using an
open source (free) program in place of Dreamweaver, I think I would be able to
get a Volunteer to help. ****

BTW, I know that the OpenOffice.org site NEEDS a major overhaul, especially for
users.  Would you be willing to provide this kind of assistance.  If you want
to see what a team of volunteers can do, look at
http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/index.html.  We do have the restrictions
placed upon us by the web provider for the OpenOffice.org site.

**** yes, I would be delighted to "provide this kind of assistance".  How would
we go about this.

BTW I am a retired 76 year old business owner who knew nothing at all about a
website and did not use OpenOffice.  I wanted to learn OpenOffice and could not
find the help I needed so I started my website.  I am no qualified in what I am
doing.  I have always been able to come up with a Volunteer to bail me out and
provide the needed assistance to get things done.

At this time there are  two people.  One suggesting I use FileZilla and another
suggesting I use Joomla.  I do not know if I should take either of their
suggestions.  The commonality of the two people is that they are both college
professors teaching computer science.  One is active and the other is retired.

Walter ****

James McKenzie